How to Protect Your Dog’s Health with Colostrum Supplements
Dog owners know that dogs are a man’s best friend. They are loyal, cute, and cuddly. You love your dog, and your dog loves you. You want your dog to be healthy and happy and give him or her the best care possible.
When it comes to health, dogs are like us in many ways. Dogs commonly get sick and have allergies. It’s also normal for dogs to:
- Have digestion issues.
- Get bouts of diarrhea.
- Vomit after eating or during strenuous activity.
So, what can you do to improve your dog’s health overall?
If you want your dog’s health to be as good as your own, you need to give your dog a diet that is just as healthy as your own. You also need to make sure your dog gets the right supplements. Both humans and dogs benefit greatly from eating quality meats and vegetables, some dairy, fats, and supplementing vitamins and minerals.
According to the American Kennel Club. A healthy diet for dogs should consist of:
- Beef, chicken, lamb
- Peas, spinach, carrots
- Cooked Eggs
- Whole or ground bones
- Other dog-safe fruits and vegetables
It’s also important to understand what your dog is and isn’t allergic to so do a little research and watch how your dog reacts to certain food items.
Dogs are commonly allergic to or can't tolerate the following common foods:
- Corn On The Cob
- Grapes & Raisins
- Human Vitamins
- Tree Nuts (peanuts are ok)
- Onions & Chives
- Raw Eggs
There is a longer list of foods you shouldn't feed your dog, but this list covers common household foods that you should not give your dog.
What Livestus customers say about using Liposomal Colostrum for their dogs:
We know from customer feedback that when dogs are given a good colostrum (like Liposomal Colostrum) for dogs, they experience greater overall health, better digestion, shinier coats and have far more energy.
What’s good for you is often also good for your dogs!
Here's what customer Emily had to say about her experience with colostrum for her dog Django:
I had never heard of Liposomal Colostrum, or colostrum of any kind. I only learned about it because my dog’s veterinarian recommended it earlier this year.
My wonderful dog Django suffers from arthritis and terrible stomach/digestive issues - all inflammation. He received stem-cell treatment (which made a world of difference), and to further help, his vet recommended that I sprinkle Livestus Labs colostrum on his meals. He gave me a multi-page print-out explaining exactly what Liposomal Colostrum was, and it all sounded great, but I was pretty skeptical. Still, because I love my Django so much, I decided to give it a try. And after about 3 weeks I could definitely tell it was helping.
After his stem cell procedure, Django’s joints started regenerating, and his mobility improved drastically. His digestive issues were also improving, but occasionally he suffered stomach problems. The symptoms are always the same: he sits/lies in a hunched forward position looking extremely uncomfortable, he growls when I touch him (very worrisome for a dog who is otherwise the kindest, most loving, affectionate creature), and ultimately he starts walking in circles, cries in distress for a few seconds that seem like an eternity, followed by retching and vomiting 3 times in immediate succession. Afterwards he seems to feel better, and within minutes wants to eat, but if I give him food, the whole cycle begins again. It's an agonizing thing to watch.
It was wonderful that Django’s stem-cell procedure had reduced his flare-ups in frequency, duration, and severity - from up to 3 times per week, each flare-up cycling repeatedly for up to 24 hours, down to about 1 time per month, and lasting for only 1 or 2 cycles, for only a few hours. But since his third week of Livestus Liposomal Colostrum, Django has been totally free of these awful, painful symptoms!
The whole review is quite detailed and long, you can read the full review here on Amazon. Needless to say, Emily is a happy customer, and so his her dog.
My Personal Experience with Using Colostrum for Dogs
When I first got my puppy, he was a rescue dog and came with a variety of digestive issues. He was underweight and had frequent bouts of vomiting and diarrhea. He also had a lot of allergies and would get inflammation on his paws. He would lick his paws as a result, which only made it worse.
I started putting 1 teaspoon of Liposomal Colostrum in his food every day. Not only did he stop having digestion issues and allergies, but he also gained weight very rapidly and became a strong and muscular dog.
The Top 5 Most Important Benefits of Colostrum for Dogs
Bovine Liposomal Colostrum supplements benefit humans and dogs in a remarkably similar way. Here are the top 5 benefits of colostrum for dogs:
- Improves Immune System Function - Dogs can also get colds and flus therefore; bovine colostrum helps them boost their immune systems and recover much faster when they get sick. Bovine colostrum is also proven to reduce allergies mostly due to the high Proline-rich polypeptide (PRP) content
- Solves Digestion Issues - Studies show bovine colostrum can help improve digestion and manage diarrhea. Lactoferrin provides and important role for leaky gut reducing infectious intestinal bacteria.
- Better Oral Health - Bovine colostrum can help reduce the bad bacteria in your dog’s mouth. Oral health is very much linked to gut health so they go hand-in-hand. The growth factors in bovine colostrum also help to repair damaged tissue and reduce gum disease.
- Anti-Aging and More Energy - Bovine colostrum supplements have been shown to have anti-aging benefits. It helps muscles and tissues recover faster from exercise or injuries. It can also help to preserve bone density as your dog ages.
- Helps with Autoimmune Disorders - Certain autoimmune disorders can be treated effectively with bovine colostrum. This is due to all the rich substances such as PRPs, lactoferrin, growth factors (IGFs), immunoglobulins (IgG, IgM, IgA), cytokines, lymphokines, vitamins, minerals, etc.
Why Choose Livestus Liposomal Bovine Colostrum for Your Dog?
Livestus Liposomal bovine colostrum is 100% produced in the USA from grass-fed USDA Grade A dairy cows. It is liposomal which makes it up to 15x more bioavailable. Livestus has dozens of amazing 5 star reviews from real customers who give it to their dogs.
It’s backed by a 1-year hassle-free money back guarantee so if you or your dog don’t see any improvement after 3 weeks, you can get a full refund no questions asked.
- Ollie (2020). "Fresh vs. Raw vs. Kibble: What Should You Feed Your Dog?", American Kennel Club.
- Sandy Eckstein. “Caring for a Dog with Food Allergies”, pets.webmd.com, WebMD
- Julia Henriques. “Top 12 Benefits Of Colostrum For Dogs”, Dogs Naturally Magazine
- MICHAEL ASH (2014). “Power Packed Proline Peptides Restore Immune Balance”, Clinical Education